Mediterranean cooking the Middle Eastern way!
Chick peas, or garbanzo beans, are a common and popular source of protein in Mediterranean cooking. This particular recipe hails from the Middle East and would be equally at home on the Syrian, Iraqi, Lebanese, or Israeli table. You’ll find that it is quite popular on your table too, as the salad goes together quickly, is a satisfying combination of tart, and sweet flavors while managing to be both creamy and crunchy at the same time. It’s the perfect way to kick off our Mediterranean Middle Eastern Week here at Hestia’s Kitchen!
- 2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ large green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ - 1 tsp crushed Aleppo pepper
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or let sit one hour to marinate.
- To serve leftovers, remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.